The Downtown Business Improvement District #1 (BID) was formed in 2002. The BID is managed by the Downtown Racine Corporation. BID funds have been used to provide the following Downtown amenities:
- Public Service Ambassadors (PSA) who are walking concierges offering guidance, resources, security and goodwill to Downtown residents, workers and visitors.
- Added security on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings from 10 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Sidewalk and curb cleaning
- Downtown holiday lights and wreaths
- Downtown street banners
- Downtown sidewalk plantings and hanging baskets
- Mark Levine, Chairman (Property Owner)
- Jeff Coe (1st District Alderman)
- Joey LeGath (Property Owner)
- Matt Sadowski (Ex-Officio)
- Ed Scharding, Treasurer (Business Owner)
- Dr. Dean Rosenberg, Secretary (Business Owner)
- Andrew Dodge (Business and Property Owner)