The Downtown Racine Corporation is a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the image and functionality of Downtown by attracting new businesses, residents and visitors. We are the Voice of Downtown. We have been facilitating, coordinating and catalyzing revitalization efforts such as the Marina, Main Street, 6th Street and the current 7th Street renovations for over 30 years.
We are also involved in promoting Downtown Racine and facilitating or assisting with many of the free events that are available throughout the year. We sponsor 20 special events each year and provide the necessary coordination and assistance for 14 merchant-sponsored events. Events such as the St. Patrick’s Day Parade, Music on the Monument, Party on the Pavement, Holiday Parade, Community Christmas Tree at Monument Square, the Wisconsin State Snow Sculpting Competition and more!
Did you know?
- Named TOP 10 Downtowns in Wisconsin in 2016 (onlyinyourstate.com)
- Downtown Racine is home to more than 40 restaurants, pubs and coffeehouses, over 40 retail shops, 3 museums and 14 galleries
- One of the only cities in the country that has sponsored a public art project for more than 15 consecutive years
- Downtown Racine has seen huge business growth. As of October 2017, we have had 16 new businesses open up, and more are on the way!
- We are the only visitor center east of I-94 and are open 7 days a week.
- Annually we serve over 4,200 visitors from approximately 40 states and 14 countries.