The Downtown Racine Corporation is a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the image and functionality of Downtown by attracting new businesses, residents and visitors. We are the Voice of Downtown. We have been facilitating, coordinating and catalyzing revitalization efforts such as the Marina, Main Street, 6th Street and the current 7th Street renovations for over 30 years.
We are also involved in promoting Downtown Racine and facilitating or assisting with many of the free events that are available throughout the year. We sponsor 20 special events each year and provide the necessary coordination and assistance for 14 merchant-sponsored events. Events such as the St. Patrick’s Day Parade, Music on the Monument, Party on the Pavement, Holiday Parade, Community Christmas Tree at Monument Square, the Wisconsin State Snow Sculpting Competition and more!
Did you know?
- The Downtown Racine Corporation’s office, located at 425 Main Street, is the only visitors’ center east of I-94 and is open 7 days a week. Annually, we served over 4,200 visitors from approximately 30 states and 14 countries.
- The Downtown Racine Corporation does not receive any tax support. We depend exclusively on individuals, foundations and businesses for our sustainability.
- In 2010, the Downtown Racine Corporation celebrated 30 years of serving the downtown community.
- Downtown Racine is home to 45 restaurants, pubs and coffeehouses and over 40 retail shops.
- Since 2007, 50 new businesses opened their doors in Downtown Racine.
- Since 1992, Downtown Racine has added over 600 new residential units in Downtown. Currently the rental market is approximately 98% occupied.
- Downtown Racine has been named “The Best Place to Bring Out-of-Town Guests” in The Journal Times readers’ polls.
- Downtown Racine is the only city in the country that has sponsored a public art project for more than 10 consecutive years.