- This event has passed.
Bench Marks The Spot
June 1 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
To download the card click [Bench Marks the Spot Scavenger Hunt 8×11]
To download the map click [BenchMarksTheSpotMapFull]
2019 Public Art Scavenger Hunt
This year’s public art project of Benches with the theme, “Racine’s Past, Present & Future,” will be unveiled during a free interactive scavenger hunt called Bench Marks The Spot.
During this scavenger hunt, participants will tour Downtown Racine in search of all 30 benches, answering questions that pertain to each individual bench. Many of the artists will be at their bench from 11am-12pm interacting with participants. Prizes will be rewarded for answering a specific number of questions. If 20 questions are answered correctly, participants will receive a $5 Downtown Racine gift certificate. If all 30 questions are answered correctly, in addition to the gift certificate, participants will also be entered to win a Downtown Racine Prize Pack worth over $100.
As a thank you to the Veterans Outreach of Wisconsin who built the benches for this year’s public art project, the following businesses will be donating 10% of their sales directly to the Veterans during Bench Marks The Spot:
- Art Metals Studio – 332 Main Street
- As Time Goes By Antiques – 223 6th Street
- Dewey’s Restaurant & Sports Bar – 600 Main Street
- Dimple’s Imports – 416 Main Street
- Divino Gelato Cafe – 245 Main Street
- Joey’s Yardarm – 920 Erie Street
- Lakeview Pharmacy – 516 Monument Square Drive
- Northern Lights Gallery – 423 Main Street
- Orange Thread Collection – 210 6th Street
- Plumb Gold – 322 Main Street
- Racine Brewing Company – 303 Main Street
- RG Natural Babies – 430 Main Street
- Tangle’s Salon – 307 Main Street
- The Ivanhoe Pub & Eatery – 231 Main Street
- The NASH – 522 6th Street
- Vapemeisters – 420 Main Street
The Veterans Outreach will also be on site at Crosswalk Park (317 Main Street) during the event.
The Bench Marks The Spot scavenger hunt cards and map will be available for pick-up at the Downtown Racine Corporation office (425 Main Street) on Saturday, June 1st beginning at 10:30am. A downloadable version of the card and map is available below: