The 12th annual Downtown Racine St. Patrick’s Day Parade, presented by the Downtown Racine Corporation, is set for Saturday, March 17th. It will be a day filled with Irish fun for the whole family. Plan to come early and stay late. You won’t want to miss the parade, great food and delicious Irish beverages we have waiting for you. The 12th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade will kick off in Downtown Racine at high noon. Starting at State and Main Street, the parade will proceed south down Main and turn west onto Sixth Street and end at City Hall.
Dozens of entries will march the downtown streets to support this festive annual community event. Enjoy dance routines from Masters of Movements and others, cheering, singing, wacky vehicles by Bill Reid, the Racine Raiders football team, music from the REAL school band…and DOGS!
Come early to reserve your parade viewing spot and take a stroll through the streets of downtown. Grab some brunch, an early lunch or grab a warm drink while you wait for the festivities to kick off. There will be St. Patrick’s Day specials abound! Don’t want to fight the crowds after the parade? Stay for dinner or a drink! Here are some great suggestions for things to do in Downtown on St. Patrick’s Day:
1) Watch the Downtown Racine St. Patrick’s Day Parade at noon on Saturday!
2) Head to Uncorkt
and treat your taste buds to something new with $5 glasses of Irish mead, and wine of course! Also enjoy free tastings of assorted Irish liqueurs. Not a drinker? Enjoy specials on Belfast non-alcoholic Ginger Beer. Open 11:00 am – 8:00 pm.
3) Try some traditional Irish fair at Ivanhoe Pub
, including their famous Corned Beef and Cabbage, $5 pints of Guinness, Smithwick’s, Kilkenny and Guinness Blonde. Open at 8:00 am serving up Irish breakfast a well!
4) Grab a hot chocolate and some fresh made popcorn from Sugar Shack Sweet Shop – the perfect parade viewing snack!
5) Stop in to Divino Gelato
to try their brand new St. Patrick’s Day gelato flavors: Bailey’s, rainbow, shamrock and Lucky Charms. Open 7:30 am – 9:00 pm.
7) Can’t choose between March Madness and St. Patty’s Day? You don’t have to atDewey’s Restaurant and Sports Bar
, you can do both with big windows over-looking Main and 6th
streets and 11 big screen TV’s! Open at 11:00 am. Enjoy $3 Jameson shot, $2 fireball shots and $10 domestic beer buckets.
8) Blue Rock is offering Corned beef and cabbage and plenty of Irish beer and whiskey specials will be available. Shirts and bead giveaways too!
9) McAuliffe’s on the Square has got your post-parade Irish music featuring The Celtic Gypsies.
10) Boogie all night long at Michigan’s Pub with DJ Sham, starting at 8:00 pm, and great drink specials including $2 Jameson shots, $5 calls and green beer being served up all night long.
11) George’s Tavern will be featuring Earthmother during their St. Paddy’s day party. Music starts at 9:00 pm!